November 18, 2008 – French Lick, Indiana
Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort Opening Set for January,2009
Very soon the pools at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort in French Lick, Indiana will be filling with water in preparation for the long anticipated grand opening!
“We are in the final phase of construction. The play structure in the water park is nearly complete, carpet is being installed in the hotel rooms and we anticipate beginning to place furniture in the coming week. It is exciting to see theme décor going up.” States Director of Operations, Stephen Stewart.
Opening is slated for mid-January, 2009. ”We are now taking reservations for January 30th and beyond.” continues Stewart. “Gift certificates are currently on sale, and will make a great gift for families for the holidays.”
Construction photos and resort information are available at www.valleyofthesprings.com & www.bigsplashadventure.com, and are updated weekly. Web visitors may also register for an online newsletter that will keep them up to date with the latest happenings at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort. In coming weeks, the resort websites will be re-launched with a full array of features and information.
The idea for Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort was conceived nearly 5 years ago by the
owners/developers Jerry and Carolyn Fuhs. Their initial interest was fueled by site visits and evaluations of water parks around the world. Consultants analyzed the concept and market thoroughly and the decision was made in 2005 to move ahead with the project.
Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort is an exciting opportunity that combines an unmet need for a year round family vacation destination in the area. The close proximity to other area attractions such as the French Lick Resort & Casino, The West Baden Springs Hotel, Patoka Lake and Paoli Peaks will provide visitors with a wide variety of activities and experiences.
The resort is located on 75 wooded acres in the Town of French Lick. Visitors will enjoy panoramic view of Springs Valley.
The hotel will offer 154 rooms in a variety of appealing configurations, many with bunk beds, to accommodate up to 8 guests. The property has been developed for a future expansion.
The indoor water park will be the feature of the resort. Amenities include:
· 40,000 Square Foot Indoor Water Park - Open Year Round. One of the few water parks in the world with a retractable roof! Opaque roof panels guarantee that the skies will always be blue and the water will always be warm!
· 40 ft slide Tower! 2 body slides and 2 tube slides twist, turn and thrill riders from the top of this massive tower.
· The Lost River – a lazy river with many unique features that lead riders through a grand adventure.
· Buccaneer Bay- This three story play structure brings together every member of the family! Ten platforms and nearly 50 interactive play features will keep all hands on deck! Two tube slides will provide the perfect thrill for young adventurers. All this fun is topped off by a 1,000 gallon dumping bucket.
· Lost Treasure Lagoon- A treasure trove of activity – this pool is the vortex of fun! The floating treasure ropes course will challenge! The Vortex, a circular pool with rapidly swirling waters, will thrill. Throw a little competition into the mix at the Water Goals – aquatic basketball hoops with backboards!
· The Splish Splash Pool– a safe and fun play area just for toddlers. The Shipwreck Slide is just the right size for our smallest guests. Bouncy chairs swing from a palm tree for dipping little toes in the water!
· Palm Cove – a 25 person tropical hot tub for adults only.
· 2,000 square foot zero entry Outdoor Pool with large patio lounge area.
· The Treasure Chest Arcade and prize redemption center.
Five onsite options for Dining will be available:
· The Boatyard Restaurant – Buffet and Menu Dining
· Lee Wally’s – The perfect getaway for parents to slip away and unwind after an active day with the kids.
· The Galley - located in the arcade, will provide light meals, snacks and sweets
· Room service will also be available
A great deal of planning and research will result in a great experience for guests.
· The translucent ceiling of Big Splash Adventure results in a sky that will always be bright and blue.
· The latest technology in water filtration “The Defender” will allow the use of fewer chemicals. Fewer chemicals will result in a more pleasant experience for our guests.
· Convenience will be built in! A “cashless” system will allow parents to load electronic wristbands with credit to be used for the arcade, dining etc. The wristband will also replace the hotel key.