The idea for Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort was conceived nearly 5 years ago by the owners/developers Jerry and Carolyn Fuhs. Their initial interest was fueled by site visits and evaluations of water parks around the world. Consultants analyzed the concept and market thoroughly and the decision was made in 2005 to move ahead with the project.
Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort is an exciting opportunity that combines an unmet need for a year round family vacation destination in the area. The close proximity to other area attractions such as the French Lick Resort Casino, The West Baden Springs Hotel, Patoka Lake and Paoli Peaks will provide visitors with a wide variety of activities and experiences.
The Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort is located on 75 wooded acres in very close proximity to the historic towns of West Baden and French Lick. Visitors will enjoy a nearly 360 degree view of Springs Valley.
The hotel offers 154 rooms in a variety of appealing configurations to accommodate up to 8 guests. The property has been developed for future expansions.
The indoor water park will be the feature of the resort. Amenities include:
· 40,000 Square Foot Indoor Water Park ‐ the largest indoor water park with a retractable roof in the United States. Twelve themed water features will include 4 slide tubes, a 318’ lazy river with many unique water features, a wet deck play area, activity pool, tot wading pool & tot bouncers, and 25 person tropical hot tub.
· 2,000 square foot zero entry Outdoor Pool with large patio lounge area.
· 6,000 square foot Arcade and prize redemption center.
· Four onsite options for Dining will be available: A themed buffet restaurant for families, a lounge for parents to slip away and unwind after an active day with the kids, a food court in the arcade. Room service will also be available.
· Meeting and Conference Areas will be available for groups up to 120 at Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort and 250 at The Ranch with full catering services available. Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort will encompass two additional properties owned by Jerry & Carolyn Fuhs. The Ranch (Formerly Wilstem Guest Ranch) & The Mansion (Beechwood Country Inn).
A great deal of planning and research will result in a great experience for guests.
· The translucent ceiling of Big Splash Adventure results in a sky that will always be bright and blue.
· The latest technology in water filtration “The Defender” will allow the use of fewer chemicals, while removing 90% of bacteria that escapes typical filtration systems. Fewer chemicals will result in a more pleasant experience for our guests.
· Convenience will be built in! A RFID “cashless” system will allow parents to load electronic wristbands with credit to be used for the arcade, dining etc. The wristband will also replace the hotel key.
Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort employs approximately 150 people. The water park will be able to accommodate up to 1400 guests.
Our mission is to provide the best family friendly indoor water park and hotel experience at a great price. We guarantee that each guest will be treated with a positive attitude at every point of contact and hope to create a family tradition, one family at a time!
In 5 years, Big Splash Adventure strives to be the employer of choice by successfully training, motivating, and rewarding our employees. By achieving this we will provide families the best indoor water park and hotel experience in the Midwest!